Depending on the age and style of your home, there is a long list of improvements you could and should make before listing your home in order to get the maximum return on your investment.
Here are just a few suggestions we have if you’re thinking of selling your house soon:
- Get rid of wallpaper
- Change out-of-date fixtures
- Repaint any bold colors with more neutral, gray tones
- Make sure carpets are cleaned, replace them if needed
- Clean or refinish hardwood floors if needed
- Replace any chipped or peeling paint
- Place a colorful doormat on your front porch
We are in an area where buyers are heavily financed by VA and FHA loans. Accomplishing the list of tasks above gives you a much better shot at ensuring your home passes the appraisalwhen the time comes.
If you have any questions for me, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to hear from you.